13 april, 2012

Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby / Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home) (1969)















"Too Busy Thinking About My Baby" is a Motown song written by Norman Whitfield, Barrett Strong, and Janie Bradford. The song was first recorded by The Temptations as a track on their 1966 album "Gettin' Ready". Eddie Kendricks sings lead on the recording, which was produced by Whitfield. Jimmy Ruffin also recorded a version with The Temptations providing background vocals in 1966.  In 1969, Motown artist Marvin Gaye recorded a cover version of "Too Busy Thinking About My Baby" as a follow-up single to his 1968 hit "I Heard It Through the Grapevine", another Whitfield/Strong composition. Whitfield produced Gaye's version as well, which featured background vocals by The Andantes. The song's lyrics feature the male narrator discussing how he has "no time to discuss weather" or "think about what money can buy", because when he thinks about his woman, "I ain't got time for nothing else".

Artist:  Marvin Gaye
Single:  Too Busy Thinking About My Baby (2:57) b/w Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home) (2:18)
Release:  1969
Label:  Tamla
Genre:  Soul, Funk
Producer:  Norman Whitfield
Written-by:  Strong, Bradford, Whitfield, Gaye

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten